Property and Tax Advisory Services
Everest Tax and Property Advisory combines our experience and knowledge of property acquisition and development with our experience of tax and accounting to provide a unique service that will help you to grow your property portfolio and create wealth for you.
Everest partners will use over 40 years of experience in tax advisory and hands-on property investment and development experience and knowledge when assisting you in your next property acquisition or development.
The services we offer include:
- Structured property selection
- Property development financial feasibility studies
- Property portfolio strategic analysis
- Tax efficient structures, negative gearing
1. Structure property selection
Why use our service? We all have our thoughts on how to select property. The old adage is, “No two properties are the same”, and each property has its own unique characteristics. In a changing world the best and highest use for property changes, property laws changes, changes in tax laws, and social changes in the way we live, all impact the value of the property. Property is a long-term and substantial investment no one wants to get it wrong. You make your profit when you purchase a property. We use a structured analytic approach in selecting a property for investment or development evaluating the physical, and legal characteristics, linkages with its environment and dynamic attributes to determine a value by comparing the property with similar properties.
The analysis applies to residential, commercial, and industrial properties amongst other property types.
Our fee for service is based on our hourly rates and we can provide a fee estimate on request.
2. Property development financial feasibility
Property development is highly lucrative and at the same time highly risky. The high rate of failure can be traced back to inexperience but most importantly the failure to plan and to seek professional advice prior to embarking on the development project.
We use our knowledge and experience of over 40 years in tax and accounting and hands-on experience in property development to help you be successful in your next project. We have a network of planners, builders, and real estate agents to assist in your development project.
Our services include:
- Preparation of a preliminary financial feasibility analysis and advice on the prospect of success of the property
- Due diligence and identifying the risks and opportunities of the project
- Prepare submissions for finance for the project
- Prepare an Information Memorandum if required for your investment partners (Not a prospectus)
- Prepare a dynamic cash flow forecast that is regularly updated during the life of the project
- Establish the most effective structure for the development weighing the commercial considerations, asset protection and tax consequences of the project
- Financial and Development management of the project from start to finish
3. Property portfolio strategic analysis
The Strategic Property Analysis and Advice service assist clients to improve the performance of their property or portfolio. This includes conducting independent assessments, reviewing leasing and financing strategies, and providing advice on how to enhance performance. The service also offers due diligence on property developments or joint venture partners, assistance with the sales process, and reviewing or structuring property investment products. Values Based Solutions can manage any or all of these elements to help clients achieve a successful outcome.
4. Tax efficient structures, negative gearing
Tax-efficient structures for an investment property include:
Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs): SMSFs are a popular structure for investing in property as they offer several tax advantages, including a concessional tax rate of 15% on rental income and capital gains, and the ability to borrow money to invest in property.
Trusts: Trusts are a common structure for holding investment property in Australia, particularly family trusts. They can provide tax advantages such as the ability to distribute income and capital gains to beneficiaries in lower tax brackets.
Company: Holding property through a company can provide tax advantages such as the ability to offset rental losses against profits from other business activities.
It’s important to note that the most tax-efficient structure will depend on individual circumstances, please contact Everest Tax & Property Partners.
Our fee for service is a fixed amount and we can provide a fee estimate on request.